Friday 8 April 2011

Frock Queen

Hi, I'm Tina. I'm a shopaholic, a shoe lover, bag mad, a foodie and a music fanatic. I used to sing in a band. I was a Corporate Sales Manager for a hotel and subsequently went to fashion college and did a diploma course in fashion business and design. I have lived in Singapore, South America and have been residing in Sydney the last 16 years. I love travelling and have visited and shopped at many a wonderful places in this wonderful world. I currently work in fashion retail.

I look around the shops and sometimes wonder why is it that some women get it so right and others, so wrong? Fashion designer Michael Kors nailed it by saying: "the age rules are foolish. Don't dress to go with your age. Dress to go with your body. So much depends on your self-image! I know women over 49 who love their legs, and girls at 29 who hate their arms. So don't let those rules dictate what you wear." How true is that? Dress to suit your body shape. Nothing worse than trying to follow a trend only to find it goes completely against your body shape making you look completely ridiculous. It's a common mistake women make. You don't have to dress a certain way just because you're a certain age. Whose rule are you following? It's not to say that one could end up looking like mutton dressed as lamb. Which could be just as diastrous. Knowing what suits you and what you can pull off is important. And always remember: show off one thing at a time. If you've got your cleavage on show, cover up your legs. Do not show off both assets at the same time. It's a thin line between classy and trashy.

The next few months is going to be so exciting for me.  First of all, we've got the 10th Sydney Vintage Clothing, Jewellery & Textiles Show at the Canterbury Racecourse Function Centre from Friday, 15th April (5.30pm - 9.00pm), Saturday, 16th April (9.30am - 5.30pm), Sunday, 17th April (10am - 4pm).  I'm a huge vintage fan even way before wearing vintage was trendy.  I'll be photographing and chatting to a few fellow vintage fanatics as well as a couple of my favourite sellers to pick their brain on the latest vintage trend. Then I'm off on a holiday to surprising Singapore, beautiful Boracay and Manila in the Philippines before I return to Sydney with an empty wallet and a whole new wardrobe(!) and a big smile on my face.  I can't wait to share with you the shopping secrets in Singapore, Boracay & Manila. So look out for this space and bear with me as I sashay and shimmy my way through this technological jungle to share with you my passion for fashion, shopping, travelling and other interesting stuffs in between.

In the meantime, I leave you with an image of my new shoe which I bought from ebay.  Yes, I'm an ebay fan.  Is that a pair of gorgeous shoe or what?!


1 comment:

  1. Oooooo! Polkadot! I like ;)

    P.S. It was a great book, and it is definitely second on my list of books by Tracy Chevalier. I like one of her other books, The Lady and the Unicorn, a little more :) She's a good author though.

    Well, I better quit rambling, because I need to go to bed....have to be at work early tomorrow ;)

    //Wicked ;)

    ReplyDelete