Friday 21 October 2011

Paddington Antique Centre, Brisbane

I visited the Paddington Antique Centre in Brisbane recently. Although I loved the old building and its vibe, the vintage clothes which I was more interested in left me rather underwhelmed. I was not inspired to try on any items. The fact that I pulled out a dress by Miss Shop was enough to make me vomit and walk right out of there. Sorry but Miss Shop does not qualify as vintage. As do any modern day brands. Come on people, vintage is not just any smelly old second hand item. They have to be at least 20 years and more to qualify as vintage and that's already being very generous. I'll be checking out the Sydney Antique Centre at South Dowling Street in Sydney soon. Come on, Sydney, we can do better, I'm sure. With some of my favourite vintage sellers peddling their wares there, I already know we'll show Brisbane up... heh heh heh. Until then, check out some of the antique offered at Paddington Antique Centre.




















2 comments:

  1. Hi Tina

    I agree with you entirely, in fact I don't count 70s or 80s as vintage yet...
    I won't be at the next Sydney Vintage Show as I have opened a bricks and mortar shop in Katoomba. So if you ever get to the Blue Mountains, come and visit, you will find lots to tempt you like that yellow broderie anglaise :)

    Best wishes
    Linda
    The Kween's Emporium, 130 Katoomba Street. www.kweensemporium.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Linda... congratulations on your opening of your shop! How very exciting. We will miss you at the next vintage show but rest assured I will be in Katoomba for a visit real soon. All the best! See you soon.

    Cheers,
    Tina

    ReplyDelete